Kernel panic 2.4.18-10smp PERC3/Di

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Mon Nov 4 15:41:00 CST 2002

I have a poweredge 2650 with 2 processors and am having the same problem.

Running rh7.3.

kernel-smp-2.4.18-10 and kernel-smp-2.4.18-17.7.x  both lock up after a couple
hours.

Load is real light as it's not on line yet.
There have not been any log messages :(

kernel-smp-2.4.18-5 runs pretty well.  The only problem I have seen is, if there
is
an sco application running using abi when I shut down, the shutdown hangs.

Currently I run kernel-smp-2.4.18-5. Have all other redhat 7.3 updates
installed.

Been thinking of trying some custom kernels but need to master the rac first as
I work in a different city from the server

John