Intalling RH 7.3 on a PE2450

Mon Nov 4 11:47:01 CST 2002

If you were installing from CD-ROM, that's about right.  DMA on the CD-ROM
is turned off because it doesn't work on most systems, and it was causing
serious installation problems, data corruption, and the like.  Installing
over a network share can be faster...

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Dell Linux Solutions www.dell.com/linux

From: Gilberto Buentello Ontiveros
[mailto:gilberto.buentello at corp.terralycos.com]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 11:41 AM
To: Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com
Subject: Intalling RH 7.3 on a PE2450

Hi everyone, Recently i had installed RH 7.3 on a PE 2450/PERC 3Si, but the
installation took about 40 minutes, I think that was a very long time for
RH. Can anyone tell me if this was a troube with the PERC o something else?
Aparently RH works well, but i don't like to obtain a surprise in the
future.

Sytem Detail: PE 2450/3Si, 512MB RAM, 2xPIII 866MHz, 2x18GB HD.

Regards,
Buentello