redhat 8.0 system hang in PE2650

bscott@ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Fri Nov 1 22:18:00 CST 2002

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, at 1:23pm, wus at musc.edu wrote:
> I installed Redhat 8.0 in our PE2650 system.  But it hang very often...

  Have you installed the latest Errata updates for Red Hat Linux 8.0?  I
believe they have released a kernel update already.

  Also, Red Hat 8.0 is pretty new.  You might want to consider trying Red
Hat Linux 7.3.  At the very least, if the problem goes away, you know that
Red Hat 8.0 is inducing the problem.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>