Adding a second processor and RAM

Lee, David Y. dlee at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Fri Nov 1 13:33:00 CST 2002

Is the bios in the 1550 equipped to do so as well?

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua_Giles at dell.com [mailto:Joshua_Giles at dell.com]
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 11:25 AM
To: basil.hussain at kodakweddings.com; linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: RE: Adding a second processor and RAM

bhussain>>As for the CPU, if you do "cat /proc/cpuinfo" on each server
bhussain>>and
make sure
bhussain>>all the info is the same, then you should have no trouble with
bhussain>>compatibility.

FYI.
Most newer bioses can handle the situation of two CPU's with different speeds.  The PowerEdge 2650(for example); is equipped with a bios that does just that.

Joshua Giles