redhat 8.0 system hang in PE2650

wus@musc.edu wus at musc.edu
Fri Nov 1 12:24:00 CST 2002

I installed Redhat 8.0 in our PE2650 system,
But it hang very often. I didn't install any application
in it. Nobody else access this system.
At first, I thought maybe my hardware problem,
I ran DEll 32bit hardware Diagnosis(Domn32a00.tar).
No error found. Then I though maybe power saver p
cause hang, I disable it. But it still hang.
Anybody can give me some suggestion about this?
I really appreciate it.

When the system hang, the monitor is black, I press Numlock key, it can switch
on/off. But I can't access the system anymore.

Our PE's BIOS version: A05, ESM 1.21, Perc 3/Di V2.7-1.

Thank you very musc!

Shuyuan Wu