PE1300/RH7.3 IRQ7 error

ジム・キャロウェイ carraway at nexus.co.jp
Sun Jun 30 21:55:00 CDT 2002

Howdy,

Just curious if any one has seen this before and how to correct it.

I just installed RH7.3 on a PE1300 and in the few hours it has been running I have received the following messages a few time.

Jun 26 14:01:34 monitor kernel: spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7.

I have searched the net and got a few hints as to possible reasons, but nothing conclusive.  A few sites mentioned the fact
that the tape drive wasn't being recognized, a few others mentioned that the requests were too short and possibly extending them
would resolve the problem, but how do you go about doing that?  There was also mention of the raid card driver being the problem.
However, this references all were regarding 7.1 and less.  This machine was running fine under 7.1 though.

Any ideas would be of great help.  Thank you.

Jim

株式会社ネクサス
システム本部情報システム部情報サービス課
〒540-0011 大阪市中央区農人橋 1-1-22 大江ビル3F