kernel-enterprise-2.4.9-34

Michael E Brown michael_e_brown at dell.com
Thu Jun 27 22:08:01 CDT 2002

Is there any specific reason that you want to slow down your computer? Is
our 1650 too fast for you? :-)

The enterprise kernel gives you a ~5% performance hit, and gives you
exactly zero benefits on a 1650. The only difference between the -smp and
the -enterprise kernel is that the enterprise kernel supports >4GB ram,
while the -smp kernel only suports <=4GB ram. IIRC, 1650 doesn't support

--
Michael