PE2650 broadcom NIC driver for

Darrin Hyrup shades at mythicgames.com
Thu Jun 27 12:17:01 CDT 2002

At 10:47 AM 6/27/2002, John wrote:
>I just posted a redhat bootnet disk with the BroadCom driver yesterday
>that allows you to do automated kickstart installations through the
>network.
>
>Is that not what you are looking for?
>
>John

This isn't really what I was looking for, though it will probably be useful
for future installs.  The problem was that we usually use Symantec Ghost to
do mass installations after creating a prototype image on one of the
engineering servers, and in order for that to work, we need DOS packet
drivers (or NDIS2 drivers) as the ghost client boot disks are DOS based.

It looks like Seth found a NDIS2 driver so we may be able to use Ghost
after all.  Though our initial tests using Kickstart based installs showed
that we can do it that way, its just time consuming without using some kind
of network based install.  (We had to use CDs to install them since we
didn't have a network image in place at the time.)

Thanks!

Best,

Darrin Hyrup
Mythic Entertainment