kernel-enterprise-2.4.9-34

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Thu Jun 27 09:00:00 CDT 2002

> I have a dell 1650 and want to use the kernel-enterprise-2.4.9-34
> kernel, has anyone got this to work? I have downloaded the kernel using
> up2date from redhat but upon reboot it cant find it due to losing the
> scsi drive accraid.
>
> Does anyone know how to get it to recognize the the new kernel.

I added this into the FAQ.  To install RHL7.2, you added 'options aacraid
aacraid_pciid=...." into /etc/modules.conf.  You now need to delete that
line and remake your initial ramdisk - the aacraid driver in the -34
kernel already knows about the IDs, but doesn't know about that option
line anymore, and insmod croaks. :-(

Thanks,
Matt

--