PE2650 broadcom NIC driver for

Seth Mos knuffie at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 26 02:54:01 CDT 2002

At 19:51 25-6-2002 -0400, Hubbard, David wrote:
>I'd get some Intel cards in those servers if you're serious
>about availability.  I joined the kernel list today to
>report a bug and have already seen a few posts about bugs
>in the Broadcom driver that are being actively worked on.
>
>I don't trust those cards...

On some odd moments the reciver of the card locks up and network traffic is
silently dropped.
On some other occasions you could not ping the machine. Removing the cable
and putting it back got ping going again but ftp traffic was still impossible.

This happend 2 times in 3 weeks.

This is with the tg3 driver from 2.4.18-4

Cheers

--
Seth