PE2650 broadcom NIC driver for

Seth Mos knuffie at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 25 16:32:00 CDT 2002

At 12:36 25-6-2002 -0400, Darrin Hyrup wrote:
>Out of curiosity, does anyone know if a version of this driver exists for
>DOS Packet or NDIS2?  I would like to be able to use GHOST to create drive
>images for mass installing our Linux-installed 2650s like we do with the
>2550s (using the intel drivers), but I have been unable to find driver
>support for this chipset that can be used by Ghost, as it only supports
>those two formats as far as I know.
>
>Failing that, it looks like I'm going to have to manually install each
>machine, which is painful and time consuming due to the amount of
>customization required for each server and the number of servers that need
>to be installed.  I can use kickstart files to automate some of it, but
>there is still a lot of extra stuff that needs to be done that KS won't
>easily handle.

Me too.

We build ghost images of our important machines which are NT and linux and
keep the images off site for disaster recovery. If for some reason a
machines totally folds we can get a new one, put the ghost image back and
restore the rest from tape.

Plus if you have Windows NT and are trying to install fun applications like
PCAnywhere you better make a ghost image before or you're screwed (common
error, missing display_driver.dll).

And switching on the integrated Intel eepro 100 everytime we want to make a
ghost image is a cumbersome procedure. And it takes a lot of times because
the poweredge bios and scsi adapters take _so_ long before you get to the
bios. And you need to do that 4 times.

Cheers

--
Seth