PE 1550 NIC problem with kernel 2.4.9-34smp, RH7.2

Gunther Schlegel schlegel at riege.de
Mon Jun 24 05:55:00 CDT 2002

Hi all,

sorry for replying late, I had a week off.

In the meantime my staff found out that the instability was probably
caused by the Bios update to version A07 that I did before upgrading the
kernel. They put A06 on it again and the machine is up and running ever
since.

With the A07 bios neither 2.4.9-31smp nor 2.4.9-34smp did work, both
barely working for more than 20 minutes.

regards, Gunther

On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 18:22, Steve_Boley at Dell.com wrote:
> Here's the deal, it looks like the driver from intel was used originally
> here.  It can only be used and built as a module.  It was originally built
> as module for kernel 2.4.9-31 and now the kernel is 2.4.9-34.  Load the
> 2.4.9-34 source on the system and dload the latest e100 from intel and run
> make install and everything will be fixed.
> Steve

Gunther Schlegel                        Riege Software International
GmbH
Manager System Administration                                Mollsfeld
10
                                                 40670 Meerbusch,
Germany
Email: schlegel at riege.de                          Phone: +49-2159-9148-0