PE4600 and Red Hat Questions

Marc Schmitt schmitt at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Jun 21 04:57:01 CDT 2002

Hi Arjan,

Some time ago I asked on this list what Processor Family should be
selected for the PE4600 in a custom kernel build:
Pentium-III/Celeron(Coppermine) or Pentium-4.
So far, there was no answer.
The PE4600 has PIII Xeon CPUs which support HT. HT is a feature of P4
CPUs (right?).

Can I select Pentium-4 as Processor Familiy w/o running into troubles,
hoping on a tiny performance gain *for free*?

TIA

Regards,
	Marc