Totally ignorant

SMiller@unimin.com SMiller at unimin.com
Thu Jun 20 14:31:01 CDT 2002

Hello. I have ordered a shrink wrap copy of RH 7.3 Server for installation
on my PE1400SC (ordered without Linux pre-install). I have 25+ years in IT,
but this is my first adventure with Linux (can you spell d-i-n-o-s-a-u-r;>)
I know that I will need to download the appropriate support files from Dell
(PERC2 RAID, etc.), but little else. As an utter newbie in this area, I'm
looking for some FAQ, checklist, or other high-level guide for the recently
brain dead that will inform me of the basics to get the OS up and running
on my server. I've looked around the archives of this list and around Mr.
Domsch's site, but no joy. Is what I'm looking for so generic that I should
get it from some vanilla Linux site or a "Linux for Dummies" type guide
rather than looking for Dell-specific information? Any pointers will be
greatly appreciated.

Scott Miller
Mgr IS Support
Unimin Corporation