Best Gigabit adapter for RH7.2 or 7.3

Hubbard, David dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Wed Jun 19 19:41:00 CDT 2002

Intel Pro/1000's work great in copper and fiber versions.
I have also used SysKonnect cards and while their support
is great, and drivers are featureful, they do not have
as many features as the intel cards, they generate much
more interrupts, and there is a bug in their drives up
until a pre-release 2.4.19 kernel that causes the kernel
error counter to increase as traffic is passed.

David