aic7xxxx versions

Duncan Morgan dmorgan at gmi-mr.com
Tue Jun 18 14:41:00 CDT 2002

Hello,

we recently purchased a poweredge 6450 and opted to install Red Hat
ourselves rather than go with the Dell factory install.

RedHat 7.2 uses the version 5.2.4 AIC7xxxc driver rather than the newer one
that Dell Red hat would have installed (not sure of version number).

We are noticing some very poor numbers now with regard to disk writes and
wonder if this might be the reason.

Can anyone make any recommendations as to which SCSI driver we should be
using and otherwise where I might looking for tuning advice?

thanks,
Duncan Morgan