Looking for recommendations: User Manager Software

Darrin Hyrup shades at mythicgames.com
Mon Jun 17 13:03:01 CDT 2002

While Red Hat doesn't bundle Linuxconf, the latest version
(1.28/2002-05-27) supports Red Hat 7.3 (and is actively maintained) with
both source and rpm (red hat) distros available for download.  The URL is:
http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/linuxconf/

We have several 7.3 servers running 1.28 it and it works just fine.  We use
Linuxconf since it is simple to use and its already part of our training
manuals.  Not to mention, we don't use X on any of our servers, and I've
not seen another menu based system management tool that is easy for
non-admins to use in an emergency.

If there is a non-X package that is already bundled with Red Hat 7.3 which
does as good of a job as Linuxconf and is easy to document, I'd be
interested in reviewing it for future use.  The redhat-config packages
require X, so they've been discounted.

Best,

Darrin Hyrup
Systems Architect