Another question about Linux backups of NT Michael_E_Brown at
Mon Jun 17 09:40:01 CDT 2002

Samba-TNG had some utilities that can be used to issue "NET" commands to
Windows boxes. You may want to investigate these. I'm not sure if they have
been merged into the main samba tree or not. You would use them in a script
on the Linux box to issue NET STOP/START commands to your Exchange server.
You may want to root around the samba mailing lists a bit.