dual cpu's

Fernando Ortiz fortiz at lacorona.com.mx
Mon Jun 17 07:05:00 CDT 2002

I use apache/informix/php in my linux box and as apache is multithread it
makes an excelent use of multiple CPU.

Our 'mainframe' is another 8-CPU PE8450 Linux box running Informix IDS with
multiple virtual processor attached to physical CPU.

If you have two app not designed to use multiple CPU the OS split the use
between the apps and the other kernel process.

If your app is designed to use multiple CPU you can leave the box dedicated
to that app without wasting resources.