RedHat vs. the rest of Linux

Frank Louwers frank at openminds.be
Fri Jun 14 09:00:01 CDT 2002

> I don't want to start a flame war, I'm just curious about why RedHat is so
> dominant and whether SuSE would be a bad choice for me from a corporate
> server standpoint.  I have so little experience, that I feel I need guidance
> from those who have traveled the road several miles more than I have.

Hi,

We use Debian on all our servers and think it's the best server linux
distribution available.

The only reason I might see for sticking with RedHat, are the
OpenManage tools. Maybe you can get them to work with Suse, but after
2 days of trying to get them to work with Debian, I can only say to
Dell seems to have done their best to make them incompatible with ANY
other distribution out there. I know that's probably not the case, but
it sure seems so!

Vriendelijke groeten,
Frank Louwers

--
Openminds bvba                www.openminds.be
Tweebruggenstraat 16  -  9000 Gent  -  Belgium