dual cpu's

Bryce C bryce8080 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 13 14:40:00 CDT 2002

Hi All,

I hope this isn't too off-topic or chit-chatty for
this list, but does anyone have any general comments
of the effectiveness of dual cpu's in a linux
environment. The servers are used for apache/mysql/php
based websites and pretty much active all the time.

I guess my question is can anyone verify that those
apps are really going to take advantage of the second
cpu. I am not too informed about Linux's multiple cpu
support but I know that on some O.S/apps the second
CPU is not really used at all?

comments?