kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, e rrno = 2

Wed Jun 12 12:00:00 CDT 2002

> I learned from somebody who developped in the kernel that it is a good
> thing to recompile the kernel with all the SCSI stuff built-in (not as
> modules), this could increase the performance.

The performance gain is slight.

> I don't have enough knowlegde at this level to understand why.

The idea is that built-in, there's no additional level of lookup for symbol
names when functions are called that modules require.  Any more though
that's really a moot point.  It used to be that modules were just a little
bit slower than built-in.  Now modules are only a little little little bit
slower
than built-in, and you lose a lot of flexibility.

> By this way, you won't have this message anymore during bootup.

Sure.  But since the messages is not harmful in any way, just ignore it. :-)

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer
#1 US Linux Server provider for 2001 and Q1/2002! (IDC May 2002)