Redhat 7.3 kernel updates on 7.2

Ed Griffin edg at ll.mit.edu
Wed Jun 12 08:53:01 CDT 2002

Can the Redhat 7.3 kernel rpms be installed on a 7.2 system?  Many people
responded to my earlier question about a per-process memory limit on the
2.4.9-34smp kernel, they suggested that due to changes in the vm the 2.4.18
series kernel might perform better.  I know Redhat is using 2.4.18-4 as the
errata kernel for 7.3, I just don't know if I would be missing some other
sort of dependency.  I might try it on one system and see what
happens.  Thanks for any help.

--Ed

Ed Griffin
Assistant Network/System Administrator
MIT Lincoln Laboratory - Weather Sensing
Phone:    (781) 981-2871
mailto:edg at ll.mit.edu