PowerEdge 2500 and Redhat 7.3 possible aacraid error

Jens Guether guether at hhi.de
Tue Jun 11 12:05:38 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I installed Redhat 7.3 on two identical servers
(Dell PowerEdge 2500) with the result that both machines
crash every few(3-5) days.

I updated the kernel from 2.4.18-3 -> 2.4.18-4 with the
same result, both machines crash every few days.

I inspected the file /var/log/messages and detected lines like:
Jun  9 04:04:10 bslinux1 kernel: scsi : aborting command due to timeout
: pid 136040, scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0 Write (10) 00 00 26 8c c5 00
00 08 00

when booting the following lines are printed on both machines:
SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 02:04.1
scsi0 : Adaptec AIC7XXX EISA/VLB/PCI SCSI HBA DRIVER, Rev 6.2.5
         <Adaptec aic7899 Ultra160 SCSI adapter>
         aic7899: Ultra160 Wide Channel B, SCSI Id=7, 32/253 SCBs

Red Hat/Adaptec aacraid driver, May  2 2002
PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 01:02.1
PCI: Sharing IRQ 5 with 02:04.0
PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 01:02.1
PCI: Sharing IRQ 5 with 02:04.0
PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 01:02.1
PCI: Sharing IRQ 5 with 02:04.0
spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7.
scsi1 : percraid
   Vendor: DELL      Model: PERCRAID Volume   Rev: 0001
   Vendor: DELL      Model: PERCRAID Volume   Rev: 0001