JDK for Linux on a PE 7150

Wes Kurdziolek wkurdzio at cslab.vt.edu
Tue Jun 11 11:11:01 CDT 2002

You need to install the compat-* RPMs from your Red Hat CDs or local mirror.
The binaries look to be built against GNU libc 2.1, not 2.2, and the Red Hat
compat-* RPMs provide those libraries for compatibility w/ applications linked
against "legacy" libraries. Unfortunately, Red Hat hasn't installed those RPMs
by default since Red Hat 7.0 when everything in the distribution was bleeding
edge.