JDK for Linux on a PE 7150

Pottinger, Hardy J. PottingerHJ at umsystem.edu
Tue Jun 11 10:36:00 CDT 2002

Hi, thanks. I've tried both the Sun 1.31 i386 JDK and the IBM 1.30 i386 JDK, with no luck. Here are some error messages I receive:

IBM 1.30 i386 JDK:

expr: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/expr: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/expr: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error: can't find libjava.so

Sun 1.31 i386 JDK:

/usr/java/jdk/bin/../jre/bin/realpath: /usr/java/jdk/bin/../jre/bin/ia64/realpath: No such file or directory
/usr/java/jdk/bin/../jre/bin/realpath: exec: /usr/java/jdk/bin/../jre/bin/ia64/realpath: cannot execute: No such file or directory
/usr/java/jdk/bin/java: /bin/realpath: No such file or directory
/usr/java/jdk/bin/java: /bin/realpath: No such file or directory
grep: /lib/jvm.cfg: No such file or directory
grep: /lib/jvm.cfg: No such file or directory
java was not found in /bin/i386/native_threads/java

Am I missing something really obvious? I checked and GLIBC is at 2.2.4-24.

I beginning to think that this 64bit architecture doesn't roll back to 32bit very well at all...

--Hardy