PERC 3/DC - Dual Channel performance

Paco Culebras Amigo paco at bellsola.com
Tue Jun 11 03:00:00 CDT 2002

> Paco Culebras Amigo wrote:
>
> > Maybe I'm saying something stupid, but :
> > I have a PE 4600 (RedHat 7.2) system with a PERC 3/DC and 7 U160
> > discs, having 1 disc in Hotspare and the other 6 in 3 arrays of 2
> > discs in RAID 1, all in the same channel. It's possible to
> increment
> > the performance of the system having 3 discs in channel 0
> and 3 discs
> > in channel 1 in RAID 1 ?
>
> Well, if you're going from 3 times 2 disks in raid 1 to 2
> times 3 disks in raid 1, you will get less disk space available.

Actually there are 7 disks in channel 0, configured in 3 arrays of two
disks in RAID 1, and the 7th configured as Global HotSpare.
I mean that if I configure It also in 3 arrays, each array with 2 disks
in RAID 1, but one disk of every array in channel 0 and the other in
channel 1, it will increase the I/O throughput ?

Thanks a lot for your responses.

Paco Culebras.