JDK for Linux on a PE 7150

rwotten@checkfree.com rwotten at checkfree.com
Mon Jun 10 12:22:00 CDT 2002

Not sure about the 7150 specifically...

But I can tell you that the Sun-built JDK's just don't work very well under
Linux.

Use IBM's instead.  They will be more reliable and much better performing.

--
Rick Otten
O=='=+

                      "Pottinger, Hardy
                      J."                        To:       <linux-poweredge at dell.com>
                      <PottingerHJ at umsyst        cc:
                      em.edu>                    Subject:  JDK for Linux on a PE 7150
                      Sent by:
                      linux-poweredge-adm
                      in at dell.com

                      06/10/02 01:02 PM

Greetings, I would like to know if anyone can help me find a way to get a
working JDK on our PE 7150 running Red Hat Linux 7.1? Dell custom service
has advised us that all i386 binaries, including a Sun-built JDK, should
work OK on ia64, however, our experience with other binaries, and several
JDK versions, tells us otherwise. TIA

HARDY POTTINGER
I-Net Administrator
MOBIUS Consortium