dma problems on PE350

Frank Louwers frank at openminds.be
Mon Jun 10 10:56:00 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 10:52:44AM -0500, John_L_Jones at Dell.com wrote:
> In the past it has been an issue with IDE CD-ROM drives.

hmm, the units have a cdrom, but it's been used only once (to install
the system).

> I wouldn't do commands remote other than the -d option. If you mistakenly
> set a wrong setting with hdparm,
> you may have a system lockup and have the drives unreadable.

*sigh* that's what i feared. I just had other plans for tonight :-(

But does that mean the disk is broken or going to die?

Vriendelijke groeten,
Frank Louwers

--
Openminds bvba                www.openminds.be
Tweebruggenstraat 16  -  9000 Gent  -  Belgium