Problem on DAT ?

Pierre POMES ppomes at reservit.com
Mon Jun 10 10:01:00 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I had to flash the firmware of the DDS4 from an update file I found on
the Dell web site (100-8160.exe). Everything is working fine now.

My DDS4 is now known as :
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
  Vendor: ARCHIVE  Model: Python 06408-XXX Rev: 8160
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 03

I updated the firmware from Rev 8130 to Rev 8160.

Jason, one note about compression : it is possible to activate
compression and variable tape block size on this drive. Have a loot at
http://www.colinetrix.co.uk/poweredge/1400-rh7-0.html. I created a
/etc/stinit.def file as explained and compression has been activated.

Thank you also for the 'mt fsf', I am now able to read all filesystems
from my tape.

Regards,

Pierre POMES                        mailto:ppomes at reservit.com
Interface Technologies