sensors sensors-detect on PE 2400

jason andrade jason at dstc.edu.au
Mon Jun 10 09:37:00 CDT 2002

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Zeki Mokhtarzada wrote:

> When I run sensors (after running sensors-detect) I get the output below.
> What am I doing wrong?  I am running redhat 7.3 with the latest kernel
> from redhat.

nothing, except i don't believe any of the sensor packages work on
this hardware (even though they seem to detect the appropriate
hardware).

the working method of using sensors is to install the dell openmanage
application which uses the ESM (embedded server management) to access
the various sensors via a loadable kernel module.

regards,

-jason