beeping

Mark Kilmartin mrk at renre-europe.com
Mon Jun 10 08:44:01 CDT 2002

I would guess at either RAID or a power problem.

Does this machine have Dual PSUs?

If so I would guess that one of them is loosing power and thus emitting
a warning.

In my experience the normal reason for a RAID squealing is because a
drive has failed.
But something like this normally requires human intervention to resolve.

If the machine has dual PSUs then are they plugged into different power
sources. e.g one into a UPS one into a wall socket. or both into
different wall sockets.

MArk