beeping

David Vos dvos12 at calvin.edu
Mon Jun 10 08:30:01 CDT 2002

We have a Dell PowerEdge 2500 running Debian that runs a website with
roughly 400,000 hits/day.  It seems to be handling the load just fine, but
the box occasionally omits a high-pitched beep sound that lasts for
varying amounts of time.  (It is higher-pitched than a console
beep).  Does anyone have suggestions on what may be causing this or what I
can check?  My initial guess is that it might be something with the RAID,
but I don't know how to check it.  (I didn't set the server up and I'm a
newbie with RAID).

David