Hyper threading on a Precision 530 MT

Ed Griffin edg at ll.mit.edu
Fri Jun 7 07:15:00 CDT 2002

The hyper-threading support does indeed exist on the P530 with dual 2.2GHz
processors, I am doing it.  You just need to turn it on in the BIOS, it is
located under the CPU information field in the BIOS setup.  I have not been
able to find any documentation from Dell on this however, is this an
un-supported feature?  Or is it because in the Microsoft (Ugghh!!!)
licensed world they don't yet understand the difference between physical
and logical processors?

--Ed

Ed Griffin
Assistant Network/System Administrator
MIT Lincoln Laboratory - Weather Sensing
Phone:    (781) 981-2871
mailto:edg at ll.mit.edu