Linux Newbie Backup Questions...

Wes Kurdziolek wkurdzio at cslab.vt.edu
Fri Jun 7 02:48:00 CDT 2002

If it's statically linked, then there'd be no problems w/ glibc as all
the parts of glibc (and any other library for that matter) it needs
would be linked in. Only binary compatibility between external
interactions (such as talking to the kernel) would matter. More likely
it's dynamically linked and *might* work if you install the compat-*
RPMs that Red Hat provides which provide binary compatibility for
software built for Red Hat 6.2. Of course, those RPMs don't cover kernel
compatibility, so that might be the breaking point, not dynamic linking.