Linux Newbie Backup Questions...

Hubbard, David dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Thu Jun 6 17:49:00 CDT 2002

If you're talking about Veritas NetBackup, any device
that has a drive and multiple tales is considered a
robot.  But... be careful, on linux, NetBackup only
supports 8mm and DLT robots, 4mm DAT is not usable
by NetBackup under linux.  I have talked to their
engineers and they have no plans of supporting that
robot type (TL4) at this time.

David