Linux Newbie Backup Questions...

Aly Dharshi aly.dharshi at
Thu Jun 6 17:07:00 CDT 2002

Hubbard, David wrote:

> You'll want to go with Amanda or a commercial product,
> and Amanda will not make your life easy.  It's not
> the easiest software to set up especially when an
> autoloader is involved.  You'll need the mtx utilities
> to operate the loader and will need to learn some
> scripting... it's a good product though.

	I have found that Veritas has performed well in the U of L's server room,
it beat Solaris 8 and NT boxes in backup/restore time, now I am not sure
whether if its a case of the server have 3 nics or what but the server
is performing well with the latest Vertias and RH 7.2

Aly Dharshi
aly.dharshi at
aly.dharshi at