2650 PCI slots

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Wed Jun 5 06:50:01 CDT 2002

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 John_E_Fitzgerald at Dell.com wrote:

>The upper slot is the 64/66 -- all 64/66 are 3.3v/Universal. I think
>you're going to find all tier one vendors are going to PCI-X for the
>faster bus speeds in preparation for Infiniband.

Fair enough - can't blame you for keeping up with technology.

>I will check with our product group on probability of having
>that 32/33 5v option -- I take it you are primarily concerned with rack
>dense 1u/2u servers?

Correct. Now there are a lot of things to like about the 1650, but the
lack of the correct $30 adaptor isn't one of them. I don't suppose there
are any third-party adaptors available? (I'm guessing Dell don't
manufacture the things, and just supply a couple of options from someone
else's larger inventory. Please excuse me if I have assumed wrongly.)

Cheers,

Phil