2650 PCI slots

William_Henderson@Dell.com William_Henderson at Dell.com
Tue Jun 4 10:20:01 CDT 2002

The PE2650 has 3.3V only PCI slots. I do not believe there is an adaptor to
convert the slot to the older spec. The PE1650 does have an optional adaptor
card which has a single slot available for the 5V cards.

Bill
--
William (Bill) Henderson
Dell Computer Corp.
Enterprise Systems, Solutions Engineering
Sr. Mgr. Custom Engineering

Message: 3
From: Adrian Miranda <ade at psg.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 00:43:19 -0700
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: 2650 PCI slots

We recently got a Dell 2650 and were a little startled to note that
the PCI slots all require cards to have the extra notch in them (I
think this is because they are 3.3V?)  Unfortunately, we are using
Dialogic cards that don't have the notch.  Are there any other small
Dell servers that can still take the older PCI cards?  Or is there
some other solution?

Adrian