tg3 still crashing in latest RH8.0 errata kernel?

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at redhat.com
Tue Dec 31 16:29:01 CST 2002

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 01:20:05PM -0500, Mark Lucas wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> 	This is a 'me too' response to Eric's question. I have since seen
> the new rpms go up and will take a look when I get a chance.
[...]
>  	The systems seem to just hang. I haven't been able to track down
>  useful information about the crashes. Any suggestions for things to look
>  at?

Can you try tg3 1.2a+exp1?

[reposted from my most recent tg3 post]
latest production tg3 release, source code and unofficial rpms:
http://people.redhat.com/jgarzik/tg3/tg3-1.2a/
http://people.redhat.com/jgarzik/tg3/tg3-1.2a/rpms/

second, for people still having problems, there are three experimental
sets of rpms, to be tried in this order:
http://people.redhat.com/jgarzik/tg3/tg3-1.2a/exp1-rpms/
http://people.redhat.com/jgarzik/tg3/tg3-1.2a/exp2-rpms/
http://people.redhat.com/jgarzik/tg3/tg3-1.2a/exp3-rpms/