Multiple Interfaces Issue

bscott@ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Dec 31 08:16:00 CST 2002

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, at 9:13pm, marco at muw.edu wrote:
> DEVICE=eth1
> ***********
> BOOTPROTO=static
> BROADCAST=10.10.10.255
> IPADDR=10.10.10.6
> NETMASK=255.255.255.0
> NETWORK=10.10.10.0
> ONBOOT=yes

  Is "DEVICE=eth1" actually in that file?  Is it actually "eth1" and not
"eth0"?

  From the description of your problem, and given the output of "netstat",
it sure looks like you have a configuration file problem somewhere.

  Do you have all the Red Hat errata updates installed for the packages on
your system?  While I don't recall any advisories that affect this, it is
worth checking.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>