tg3 still crashing in latest RH8.0 errata kernel?

Mark Lucas lucas at lucas.phy.ohiou.edu
Mon Dec 30 12:21:01 CST 2002

 Hi,

	This is a 'me too' response to Eric's question. I have since seen
the new rpms go up and will take a look when I get a chance.

 	I'm running RH7.3 on a group of new 2650's with the built-in
 ethernet. They've been running the original 2.4.18-3smp kernel.
 When RedHat finally came out with the 'tg3' fix among other things, I
 upgraded to the 2.4.18-19.7.xsmp kernel.

 	I, too, am having problems with the updated kernel. Under this
 kernel I can't keep the systems up more than a 5 or 6 hours at a shot. I
 have to revert 3 of the servers back for the beginning of the next
 quarter, but will try to set up the spare for testing.

 	The systems seem to just hang. I haven't been able to track down
 useful information about the crashes. Any suggestions for things to look
 at?

 Thanks,
 Mark