RISCom/8 in dmesg?

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at zeus.itg.uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 30 08:50:00 CST 2002

PE4600, PERC3/QC controller, dual 2.8GHz XEON, 4GB RAM, running Redhat
linux 7.3, and LVM 1.08, etc...

In the dmesg's I get tons of this RISCom/8 Board not found:

rc: SDL RISCom/8 card driver v1.1, (c) D.Gorodchanin 1994-1996.
rc0: RISCom/8 Board at 0x220 not found.
rc1: RISCom/8 Board at 0x240 not found.
rc2: RISCom/8 Board at 0x250 not found.
rc3: RISCom/8 Board at 0x260 not found.
rc: No RISCom/8 boards detected.

I looked on google but only found people who've had the same annoyance,
but no solutions.

Can I remove this RISCom/8 driver without breaking something else? I
assume I can, because I obviously don't have any RISCom/8 boards. What is
a RISCom/8 board anyway, some kind of serial port board?

Thanks in advance!

Alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu