Redhat 8.0, Dell and Broadcom modem won't work

Daniel Raposo draposo at rite-solutions.com
Tue Dec 24 08:09:01 CST 2002

Hello,

We have just purchased two powerdge servers from Dell with RedHat 8.0 installed and internal broadcom modems.  The modems are not recognized by Redhat 8.0 and no one at Dell has yet been able to help me get it to work.  The most help they have been able to offer thus far is pointing me to this website.  Looking on the web it seems that the drivers for Redhat 7.2 and 7.3 do not work under Redhat 8.0.
I am not sure why Dell is configuring the servers with Redhat 8.0 and the internal Broadcom modem if it does not work. Can anyone help me get this to work?