change SCSI id's of drive in peripheral bay?

bscott@ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Fri Dec 20 17:03:01 CST 2002

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, at 4:20pm, alazarev at hera.itg.uiuc.edu wrote:
> the raid controller has only 2 internal channels.

  Oh yeah.  I forgot about that.  :-(

  I suppose you could run a cable from one of the four external connectors,
and loop it back into the inside of the case through an empty expansion
slot...  ;-)

> the last thing i need to do is void the 3 year warranty we got on this bad
> boy. i wonder if i put a 3rd party cage in there, dell might freek,
> understandibly.

  Well, they might not support the third-party cage, but they really
shouldn't have any complaint about the rest of the system, or the drives in
it, just because there is a third-party product in the system.  But, I hear
ya on the support thing.  Sometimes, you just don't want to go there.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>