change SCSI id's of drive in peripheral bay?

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at hera.itg.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 20 16:22:00 CST 2002

hey ben,

the raid controller has only 2 internal channels. i thought about putting
the raid1 on the onboard controller, but i REALLY dont like that
controller. ;)

i think ill stick with the dell way. 2x1 drives on one channel in a raid1.
8x1 drives on the other channel in a raid5. it works, its just not as fast
as i wanted.

the last thing i need to do is void the 3 year warranty we got on this bad
boy. i wonder if i put a 3rd party cage in there, dell might freek,
understandibly.

maybe next year when we get some bucks, we'll get a second PERC3
controller, that way we can have 4 internal channels. yee hoo!

thanks for the help though!

alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu