change SCSI id's of drive in peripheral bay? Matt_Domsch at
Fri Dec 20 15:28:00 CST 2002

> there is no way around it unless i can change a scsi id in
> either the bay or the backplane. that was my original question.

The peripheral bay was intended to be used as its own bus, singular.
Generally customers putting disks there want two disks mirrored on their own
bus (and often their own controller) for the OS, and then split the hard
drive backplane with its own controller for data.  That was the design

You can have either 2 or 3 busses when using the peripheral bay and the
backplane, depending on if you split the backplane.

Matt Domsch
Dell Linux Solutions
Linux on Dell mailing lists @