change SCSI id's of drive in peripheral bay?

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at hera.itg.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 20 15:17:01 CST 2002

i do have a hot swap cage. sorry i didnt say that earlier. i thought a
peripheral bay with drives had to be a hot swap cage. andway, the cage
controllers the scsi ids of the drives. your idea would work if i could
set the scsi ids of those drives in the peripheral bay. however, i cannot
determine how to change the ids with the peripheral bay or in
the backplane.

therefore, if i configure 1/2 and /12 on each raid channel, one the ids of
the drives in the peripheral bay will always conflict with another of the
ids of a drive in the backplane.

there is no way around it unless i can change a scsi id in either the bay
or the backplane. that was my original question.

make sense? im not even sure anymore...

alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu