change SCSI id's of drive in peripheral bay?

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at hera.itg.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 20 14:29:01 CST 2002

i want a split backplane and a split peripheral.

1/2 backplane + 1/2 peripheral on the 1st RAID channel
1/2 backplane + 1/2 peripheral on the 2nd RAID channel

but then, put the RAID 1 on the 2 peripheral bay drives and the RIAD 5 on
the 8 backplane drives.

why?

essentially im trying to split both raid arrays over two channels. i
called dell to see if this is possible and they choked at the idea. i
told them i was trying to increase the performance of the PERC3
controller, and they said, buy more disk and use a RAID10 config. well,
duh!

ive given up though. seems like its just not possible to do it.

thanks!

alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu