change SCSI id's of drive in peripheral bay?

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at hera.itg.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 20 12:02:00 CST 2002

We have PE4600, 8 drives in the backplane, and 2 drives in the peripheral
bay. All drives are 73GB Atlas III's. All drives are being run off of two
internal channels on a PERC3/QC RAID controller.

Is it possible to change the SCSI id's of the drives in the peripheral
bay or backplane?

I'm trying to make a RAID config with 1 drive in the peripheral bay, and
4 drives in the backplane are on the 1st channel of the PERC3 controller.

And then the 2nd drive in the peripheral bay, and the other 4 drives in
the backplane are on the 2nd channel of the PERC3 controller.

In order to do this I have to be able to change the SCSI ID of one drive
in the peripheral bay or in the backplane.

Thanks in advance!

Alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu